Friday, September 27, 2013

Fantastic Foodie Friday

So I was trying to decide if I wanted to link up to the "Five Things Friday" posts that many bloggers partake in. And someday, I still might. But tonight, I am a bit too tired to come up with 5 different things to talk about. So my amazing boyfriend, Jamie, suggested I do a Foodie Friday post. He's pretty much one of the smartest people I know. We recently came to the realization that we really are foodies. We like going out to different places, or even the same place over and over, and trying different things. Sometimes we even make our own creations.

Today we went to Burgers and Brew for lunch. Its a very popular burger place that also has a huge beer menu...hence the name "Burgers and Brew." I had a delicious portobello burger with tomatoes, lettuce, red onions and a roasted red pepper mayo on a wheat bun. Jamie tried their bacon and jalapeno cheeseburger. Unfortunately, I am still not used to taking pictures of everything I eat, drink and do. I hardly ever take pictures of anything in general (until last christmas, I didn't even own a camera!), something I really need to work on to make this blogging thing work! So unfortunately for this week, you get descriptions of the yummy food and pictures of the signage out front instead :)


 If you're ever in Sacramento, I highly recommend it!

My mom arrived this evening all the way from Connecticut to support me in my first marathon this weekend (ahh, I can't believe its already here!)

Anyways, we grabbed a couple of salads at Jacks Urban Eats, another local chain. They make amazing sandwiches and salads with really fresh ingredients. Their fries are pretty darn good too. Again, I failed at being a good blogger and didn't get a picture before I scarfed it down. So here is their salad logo from the menu, lets pretend I ate something like this...

Source
My salad actually had spinach, quinoa, broccoli, black beans, feta, edamame, tomatoes and chicken. I added some avocado and garbanzo beans to it when I got home. My mom got the chinese chicken salad. They were both AMAZING and she couldn't stop raving about how good it was :)

I promise to be a better blogger and obsess about taking pictures of everything I eat, drink and do. If this foodie friday thing sticks, I will also talk about some of my favorite homemade meals, as well as those we enjoy at the hand of a more experienced chef.

What's the best thing you ate recently? Best thing you made?

Any big plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment