Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Little Black Cloud Kind of Day

Today was one of those types of days that define the saying "when it rains it pours."

It started by oversleeping. I have been so exhausted lately from all of the miles I have been logging and it seems to be taking its toll. I decided to skip my morning run today because realistically I skipped my rest day yesterday and did an easy 5 miles to work the ickiness out of my legs from Sunday's long run.

I decided to get to work on the mountain of work I had to do for lab. Unfortunately, I fried my computer a while ago and the fan no longer works. So after about 10 minutes of use, it got so hot that the data entry I was working on overwhelmed my poor little machine. It was hot enough to fry an egg on it and was making sounds resembling those of a ticking time bomb. Having to take breaks every few minutes to let it cool down was very frustrating.

I soon abandoned this project to do some reading instead. While reading, my tea and water had gotten low so I wondered into the kitchen with iPad in hand. With a full mug and glass in hands and iPad balanced on my arm, I turned to leave my kitchen, when SPLAT went my iPad. This was the result...




This poor thing has been my life line and saving grace, especially because my laptop is on the fritz. Anyone who has ever cracked their iPhone or iPad screen can attest to the fact that it isn't an easy or cheap fix. I now have a decision to make, buy a new one or go through the hassles of getting this one fixed.

Later on in the day I decided that I should probably make lunch, even though my heart was still broken by my injured iPad. And then this happened...


Yep, that's an entire container of Garbanzo beans, on the floor. Apparently today was not the day for my fine motor skills. 

But it eventually started to turn around. My amazing boyfriend surprised me and brought me these to cheer me up...

He really is a sweet guy and knows me so well :) What girl doesn't love surprise flowers?!? Especially when they are pink!

Once it cooled down, I went for a nice easy 5 mile run to cheer myself up some more. Aside from my stomach revolting against me, it felt nice to get out and run while the sun was setting. It felt like I was getting closure on a not so splendid day. 

Here's to a better day tomorrow!

What do you do to turn around a day that seems to be nothing but frustrating?

When you wake up exhausted, do you push through and do your planned workout? Or listen to your body and take it easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment