Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ready, Set, GO!

After months of debating, thinking and planning, I have decided to start a blog. I have been reading and following other blogs for a few months now, fueled by my love for food and running. I've seen how many different people have come to love sharing and connecting with others over mutual passions and I want in!

My goal for this blog is to talk about my adventures in the kitchen (hence the 'Pink Sugar'...) and on the (running) road (...'running shoes'). I am a self proclaimed amateur baker and runner. I suppose I run so that I can bake semi-guilty free. I mostly bake for other people, but you can't expect to bake for others without taste testing. After all, you don't want to serve something that doesn't taste good, right? Someone has to be the guinea pig, might as well be the chef!

I began running consistently during my junior year of college and ran my first half marathon the spring of my senior year. A month and a half later, I ran another. Needless to say, I had been bit by the running bug. And now I am gearing up for my first full marathon in a few weeks. It has become a huge passion of mine and I want to learn as much about it as I can. To read more about me and my running history, check out my "about me" section. Well, check it out once I get it up and running.

This is probably the perfect time for my first disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing! I grew up in the age of technology, so I am not completely unfamiliar with computers. But to say I have any clue as to how to operate html code would be an overstatement. I refuse to let that hold me back any longer, as I am already late to the blogging party, and admit that this blog will be a work in progress. So bear with me and check back to see my latest updates!

If the promise of "watching" me stumbling to try to figure out technology isn't reason enough to follow along, I also hope to use this space to discuss my navigation of the world of distance running and healthy living. My giant sweet tooth will also make guest appearances, sharing recipes and yummy creations in the kitchen.

I am aware that there are a gazillion other bloggers out there that share my motivations and themes, so heres another food and fitness blog, to connecting with those that share in these awesome, yet sometimes crazy, passions and also those who can share their passions and obsessions in return (i'm never opposed to being swept up into a new craze!).


No comments:

Post a Comment