Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Adventures of (insert cool super hero name here)

Today I was a super hero! (A nameless super hero because I don't have the brain power to come up with a cool kid super hero name).

First, I battled some cold medicine induced nausea with a rice cake and peanut butter (this has become my favorite snack lately).
Yummy!
Then I battled the ferocious north winds (gusting to 30 mph) during my easy 5 mile run. 

I had a meeting on campus this morning. It also happened to be the first day of classes, which meant taking on what seemed like a million undergrad bikers and drivers who forgot the rules of the road during summer vacation.

That's a lot of bikes!

And a lot of bikers!

I then fought the angry, money stealing laundry machines. Ok, they weren't really angry, nor did they put up a fight. But they do steal your money! $1.25 for a washer and $1.00 for a dryer, I cannot wait to get out of apartment living and into my own house where laundry will be free! (Minus the cost of water of course)

All of this was done while defending my body from the evil cold germs that have invaded my sinuses and are trying to sabotage my marathon. This was accomplished with the help of my side kicks-  emergen-c, cold eeze, green tea and chicken soup! We are still fighting the good fight, so stay tuned superhero fans to find out who will emerge victorious!


*Disclaimer: The ridiculous nature of this post is the result of a foggy head cold and dayquil induced state of delusion*

What evil super villains did you battle and defeat today?

What would your super hero name and power be? 



1 comment:

  1. I love the sense of humor here. You go girl!
    Let's see, I tackled the parking structure right before brown bag, the swarms of undergrads on bikes, and our monster of a messy front room yesterday.
    This is a fun way to highlight your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete