Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Treat Yourself Tuesday Link Up

A really amazing friend of mine started a blog a couple of months ago and recommended I try link ups to get myself more involved in the blogging community. (P.S. you should check out her blog, you'll love it!)

So today I am linking up with a great theme created by Olives n' Wine. I mean let's be honest, who wouldn't want to treat themselves to something special and then talk about it. Sounds amazing! I absolutely love the motivation behind it. Sometimes we focus on pleasing others so much (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) that we forget to take care of ourselves (which is necessarily a bad thing). Even if you only do something for yourself so that you have something to talk about on the link up, taking care of you, even just a little, is important for your mental and physical health. 


So here is how I treated myself today!

  • Because I have a head cold and T- 4.5 days until the Half Moon Bay Marathon, I spent the day on the couch working from home with a plethora of fluids and netflix. And of course, chicken and wild rice soup for dinner.
                         


  • Last year, my mom and I went on a wine tour in Sonoma and I joined a wine club at the Buena Vista Winery. Today I received my September shipment! Of course that is more the winery treating me, but I paid for the wine, so in theory I treated myself and it arrived today, on a "Treat Yourself Tuesday!"

  •  And of course, what better way to treat yourself than froyo. They really need to change up their workers schedules, because the same kid is always working when I go (which is probably more than I should). I am about ready to drive farther to different froyo places just to mix it up so I don't become a regular at my local yogurt land.


How did you treat yourself today?

Any other wine lovers? Or maybe Froyo lovers? Or both?!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this linkup! Glad you got some time to rest today and hoping you feel better quickly before the race. Thanks for the shout-out too, you're so sweet! :-)
    (Also. Completely understand the dangers of Yoloberry. We used to drive to other towns to go get it - for a while the closest one was 20 minutes away and we STILL went!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you've had a head cold! I hope it goes away soon so you feel better for your race!

    p.s. FROYO LOVER right here....so good ;)

    ReplyDelete