Friday, October 4, 2013

Five things Friday and Foodie Friday

This morning started off pretty slow. I woke up really tired, but sucked down my coffee and got ready to run. My left quad has been a bit sore since the marathon but yesterday it was sore in the morning and by the end of the day it felt just fine. I think it just needs some extra TLC. Anyways, I went out to run but between my quad and the gail force winds, I quickly turned back and called it a day.

Since today started off like a scene out of the Wizard of Oz (particularly the one where Kansas gets picked up in a huge tornado), I thought I would talk about my favorite things from the day...

Introducing my first Five Things Friday post! I've noticed that a lot of bloggers like to talk about 5 things in their life on Fridays, usually 5 of their favorite things, or 5 things they appreciate or that make them happy. Without further delay, here are 5 of my favorite things from today...

1)  Organic Peppermint Tea - I have a sensitive stomach and I read that peppermint tea is great for settling upset stomaches. I found this tea at Target a while ago and have been drinking it like it's my life line. It's helped settle my stomach, but it also tastes really yummy!


2) Pretty flowers! - So these were actually given to me the other day by my amazing boyfriend, but I love them and they look so pretty, so why not include them?!? My cold has come back worse than before since the marathon and I have been pretty pathetic the last few days. When he came over the other night, he surprised me with these! He's such a thoughtful, amazing man :)


3) Shark Professional Vacuum Cleaner - Yes I am the really cool blogger that talks about vacuum cleaners on a Friday night. But seriously, this sucker is like the Lexus of vacuum cleaners. I really needed a better vacuum cleaner than the one I had from college, so I asked for a new one for Christmas. (told you I was a pretty cool kid). But being an even more cool kid, I spent my Friday evening driving this puppy around my apartment. It was very necessary, trust me. I accidentally left some tissues in a sweatshirt pocket that went through the wash and when I took my clothes out, it caused a "tissue pieces blizzard" in my apartment. Oops!


4) Starbucks non-fat, no whip double chocolate chip frappuccino - I haven't had one of these since college and I was craving something cold and chocolatey. I may have an ear infection thats causing half of my face to hurt, so I didn't want to have to chew anything. This obviously meant it was time to break out my favorite college treat. Best idea ever!


5) My regularly scheduled, go-to salad for dinner - I think I have been eating this salad, or a version of it, almost every night for months now. The base is spinach with cherry tomatoes, garbanzo beans, feta, almonds, avocado and a balsamic vinaigrette. Occasionally I will add broccoli or black beans or artichoke hearts or quinoa. I will admit I usually eat the spinach first, then the tomatoes, and save the last four ingredients for last. I used to eat my fruit loops one color at a time because I thought it would create a rainbow in my tummy. Apparently some habits die hard? PS - did you see what I did here, included "Foodie Friday" in my "Five things Friday" post. I'm so clever sometimes!


I'm pretty excited for this weekend, Jamie and I have a lot of fall related activities planned!

What are some of your favorite things from the day?

Any big weekend plans?


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy the 5 on Friday trend; I may just have to join in on it soon!
    Also, isn't it amazing how something as simple as showing up with flowers can make your day? Jason came home with some Thursday night to cheer me up. Our guys are the best :-)

    ReplyDelete