This morning started off pretty slow. I woke up really tired, but sucked down my coffee and got ready to run. My left quad has been a bit sore since the marathon but yesterday it was sore in the morning and by the end of the day it felt just fine. I think it just needs some extra TLC. Anyways, I went out to run but between my quad and the gail force winds, I quickly turned back and called it a day.
Since today started off like a scene out of the Wizard of Oz (particularly the one where Kansas gets picked up in a huge tornado), I thought I would talk about my favorite things from the day...
Introducing my first Five Things Friday post! I've noticed that a lot of bloggers like to talk about 5 things in their life on Fridays, usually 5 of their favorite things, or 5 things they appreciate or that make them happy. Without further delay, here are 5 of my favorite things from today...
1) Organic Peppermint Tea - I have a sensitive stomach and I read that peppermint tea is great for settling upset stomaches. I found this tea at Target a while ago and have been drinking it like it's my life line. It's helped settle my stomach, but it also tastes really yummy!
2) Pretty flowers! - So these were actually given to me the other day by my amazing boyfriend, but I love them and they look so pretty, so why not include them?!? My cold has come back worse than before since the marathon and I have been pretty pathetic the last few days. When he came over the other night, he surprised me with these! He's such a thoughtful, amazing man :)
3) Shark Professional Vacuum Cleaner - Yes I am the really cool blogger that talks about vacuum cleaners on a Friday night. But seriously, this sucker is like the Lexus of vacuum cleaners. I really needed a better vacuum cleaner than the one I had from college, so I asked for a new one for Christmas. (told you I was a pretty cool kid). But being an even more cool kid, I spent my Friday evening driving this puppy around my apartment. It was very necessary, trust me. I accidentally left some tissues in a sweatshirt pocket that went through the wash and when I took my clothes out, it caused a "tissue pieces blizzard" in my apartment. Oops!
4) Starbucks non-fat, no whip double chocolate chip frappuccino - I haven't had one of these since college and I was craving something cold and chocolatey. I may have an ear infection thats causing half of my face to hurt, so I didn't want to have to chew anything. This obviously meant it was time to break out my favorite college treat. Best idea ever!
5) My regularly scheduled, go-to salad for dinner - I think I have been eating this salad, or a version of it, almost every night for months now. The base is spinach with cherry tomatoes, garbanzo beans, feta, almonds, avocado and a balsamic vinaigrette. Occasionally I will add broccoli or black beans or artichoke hearts or quinoa. I will admit I usually eat the spinach first, then the tomatoes, and save the last four ingredients for last. I used to eat my fruit loops one color at a time because I thought it would create a rainbow in my tummy. Apparently some habits die hard? PS - did you see what I did here, included "Foodie Friday" in my "Five things Friday" post. I'm so clever sometimes!
I'm pretty excited for this weekend, Jamie and I have a lot of fall related activities planned!
What are some of your favorite things from the day?
Any big weekend plans?