Sunday, October 13, 2013

Foodie Friday (On Sunday): Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ricotta

I will admit that I haven't been motivated to work on the blog over the last couple of days. I've been pretty busy but also dealing with some difficult running decisions (more to come) which has left me avoiding my computer. But I need to stop hiding and face the blogging world and the best way to do this is to talk about food, of course.

So I bring you the "Foodie Friday" post that I intended to do two days ago, on Friday, oops! Better late than never, I suppose.

On Thursday night, I actually made a real dinner. Most of the time I make my standard dinner salad or  my "Greek Power Salad" as I will refer to it from this moment on. But I wanted to shake things up a bit, which if you know me, is a HUGE deal. Referring to me as a creature of habit would be the understatement of the century.

I wanted to make something that I could enjoy for a few days. I mean, if I'm going to go through all of the effort of actually chopping veggies and cooking something, I want it to last more than just one night. This plus the fact that its fall resulted in a Spaghetti Squash Casserole.



You can honestly make this with whatever "mixins" you want, but I went with spinach and mushrooms. It's so easy to make. Just sauté some veggies, microwave the spaghetti squash, mix all the ingredients together and bake!
Look at those "spaghetti" strings!
 I definitely added more Ricotta than was necessary. It didn't taste bad, because lets be honest, adding too much cheese never makes anything taste worse. But in the future, I will dial it down. The recipe below includes the adjusted amount of ricotta. Enjoy!

Spaghetti Squash Casserole!








No comments:

Post a Comment