Monday, October 28, 2013

Ok, Pity Party Over


                                           

I'm back!

It's been one week since I had to miss the nike Womens Marathon due to a hip flexor injury and 10 days since my last post. I have been taking this injury really really hard. I'm still able to cross train and run a couple of times a week, but it's just not the same. I had this great plan to build up speed and more endurance before jumping into my next marathon training in what is now 5 weeks. I don't deal with change well, so my plans getting thrown off has sent me into a tail spin. 

Not running and coping with an injury has also brought out some other emotions that I was ignoring and suppressing by just running a lot. But now they have no place to hide so I'm having to face them head on. And let's just say it hasn't been easy. My motivation to blog, to read blogs or do much of anything has been very very low. I've been doing the minimum to get by, but that's about it. It has been a bit refreshing and probably beneficial because it hasn't allowed for suppression of all of the emotions I've been fighting back. It's made me face a lot of difficulties and learn to work through them.


Another barrier to my blogging is that without running I didn't know what to talk about (but I also didn't want subject my small group of readers to constant negativity). To be honest, I don't think I ever really found my voice or place in the blogging world. I wanted to create a running blog that also includes my adventures in the kitchen. However, I haven't been running a lot (due to marathon taper and the post-marathon injury), or even cooking much since I started. Its kind of hard to blog about things you aren't doing. 

But I don't want to let that to stand in my way anymore. I still hope to make the majority of my blog about running and baking and cooking, but instead of feeling sorry for myself and shutting down, I want to use this time as an opportunity to explore more about myself and share that on the blog.


So, here's to fighting back, overcoming emotional funks/ruts, and self discovery! 



3 comments:

  1. Love this post and all the positivity! I think finding your voice/place with your blog takes time, as well as a lot of trial and error. I look forward to seeing where you go next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you positive vibes my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to read this post because I am going through the same thing. It is hard to write about what you are not doing. I am recovering from a foot surgery and its driving me crazy and makes me go through funks. Here is hoping for positive thinking!

    Maria @ The Good Life

    ReplyDelete