Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Treat Yourself Tuesday: New Clothes, Books and Good Friends


I am back linking up with Becky for another Treat Yourself Tuesday post. If you're interested in linking up, check out the genius idea here.

New Clothes: So over the last couple of months, I seem to have lost a bit of weight, to the point where most of my clothes just look ridiculous. It's hard to dress semi-professionally when your clothes are 1-2 sizes too big. So I took myself to Gap this weekend to get a few things to get me through this possibly temporary weight loss. (I don't want to jinx it by going crazy buying a new wardrobe).

After multiple trips in and out of the dressing room for different sizes (shopping without my shopping partner a.k.a my momma is not so fun), I walked out with these crops and a sweater.


Gap was having a sale online so I purchased a few more things online after figuring out my new sizes. I am loving their slim cropped pants and now have them in like 4 different prints/colors. Perfect for the fall weather in California!

Books: I have been trying to get myself to do some more reading for fun lately. I recently finished "Chicken Soup for the Runners Soul." I highly recommend it to any runner, or anyone looking for a great motivator to get active, or just anyone in general! It is full of 101 stories of people of all shapes and sizes persevering to push their bodies beyond what they ever thought was possible. Its also very humbling to read about so many different people triumphing over so many adversities.


Good Friends: Yesterday after our stats class, my friend Megan and I went out to dinner at a super yummy local italian place. We had dinner (obvi, cause that's what you do when you go out to dinner), but we also talked for a really really long time. Then of course, we proceeded to get froyo :) We both admitted that the only reason we went to class that day was because of our dinner plans. This may be necessary to repeat every Monday in order to get myself to go to class every week. It was so nice to talk to, vent to and gossip with someone who truly understands me and vice versa. Plus she is also one of the sweetest people I've ever met, and an awesome blogger. (Insert shameless plug for a friend's blog - no seriously, go check her out!)

Have you read any good books lately?

Splurged on any new clothes? Or non-clothes splurges?

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet! :-) I loved having dinner and can we make this an official plan to go again next week?
    Also after you first mentioned Chicken Soup for the Soul I totally found myself looking at all of them and bought "From Lemons to Lemonade". Some days it's a little too intense in the whole "you can make everything better just by being positive!" but most days I find it inspiring and uplifting. I'm only about a third of the way through but so far I'm glad I bought it.

    ReplyDelete