Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Treat Yourself Tuesday!


Once again I am linking with with Olives 'n Wine to do a treat yourself tuesday post!

As I've already talked about, more than once, ever since completing the marathon on Sunday, I have been treating my tummy to whatever yummy foods it wants. Even though talking about food really never gets old, at least for me, I will spare you the details of the foods I indulged in today and discuss some non-edible treats that I've indulged in over the last few days.

Monday I spent the whole morning with my mom. We went for a nice long walk and talked about mother/daughter things. Then we had coffee and treats at Starbucks (the whole not talking about food thing lasted a really long time, aren't you proud?) before I had to take her to the airport. It was so great to have her here, even if it was only for a few short days.

I also bought myself some marathon swag. I had decided that I would get a 26.2 car magnet and necklace pendant to match my 13.1 car and neck bling. I refused to buy anything marathon related until after I crossed the finish line.

Gone for a Run.com Car Magnet

Running bling!

Monday night, Jamie and I got froyo (oops I did it again) and finally watched Star Trek: Into Darkness. We both have been wanting to see it since it came out in theaters, but we really stink at making it to movies while they are on the big screen. I bought the DVD as soon as it came out, but its been sitting on my TV stand waiting for a good time to watch. Last night was the night! It was really good, I highly recommend it.

Source
This morning I treated myself to a slow morning with a lot of Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee and a long walk. The weather was really beautiful and it seemed to help my post marathon blues to get outside and try to clear my mind. I even tacked on a mile slow jog at the end!



Stay tuned for a big announcement tomorrow!

What non-edible treats have you indulged in lately?

Seen any good movies lately?

1 comment:

  1. Big announcement? I'm intrigued... :-)
    Love the running rewards! You certainly earned them!

    ReplyDelete