Friday, November 1, 2013

Five (Things I'm Grateful For) on Friday

November is here!

It's the month of giving thanks for the many amazing things in our lives (although we shouldn't need a specific month to be thankful and grateful). Cori at Olive to Run has created a 28 day Count Your Blessings challenge, during which you write down one thing that you are grateful for. I have never done anything like this before. I admittedly am one who reflects too much on the negative and not enough on the positive. So it's definitely time for a change!

I am going to link up with Darci and use my Five on Friday post to jump start the count your blessings challenge and talk about 5 things that I am grateful for this week!

1) Nature's Beauty. This week I have been able to run almost every day, thanks to my hip finally starting to heal! As a result, I have been able to watch the sunrise almost every morning! It's so much more enjoyable to enjoy the sunrise while out running than having to view it through the windows of the gym. Being outside in the cool, crisp fall morning air is so calming. Being outside in the middle of one of mother natures lesser appreciated miracles is a great way to start off the day and just one more reason why I love running so much!

Sunrise during Thursday morning's run

2) Starbucks Holiday Drinks and Cups. I know this one is kind of lame, but the best part of my day is my Starbucks latte. When I walked in to my local SBucks today, I noticed everyone was holding the red holiday cups and the chalkboards were advertising the holiday drinks! I marched right up, asked the barista if this was real life and ordered my first nonfat, no whip gingerbread latte of the season. There is nothing more comforting than a holiday latte in a holiday cup.


3) My Kitty! - I am realizing that this is the first appearance that Sasquatch is making on my blog, what is wrong with me! This guy is the best friend any girl could ask for. He is always there for me, as long as I give him his wet food, dry food and treats. Over the last few weeks, he has been attached to my side (or my legs). I personally think that it has nothing to do with the cooler temperatures (and his wanting to suck body heat) and that he has kitty esp and knows how difficult the last few weeks have been. Denial? I think not!

Chilling with his momma
(or making my legs go to sleep, boy is 20 pounds)
4) My super thoughtful Momma

Momma and Me before my first Marathon!
 Earlier this week she sent me this adorable Halloween flower arrangement.


Yes, that puppy is 100% made out of flowers and no, it's not a stuffed animal. She really knows how to cheer me up, I mean after all she is my mom! And I am also secretly grateful that she sent me something I couldn't devour in 39 seconds (aka a huge box of Halloween candy- thanks for looking out mom!)

5) This Sweet Man

He sends me the sweetest texts sometimes :)



Happy Friday and I hope you all have a great weekend!

What are you grateful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I'm trying to remember to count my blessings too - it's so easy to get wrapped up in being bitter.
    Also, I know I've already seen it, but every time I look at that dog I have to keep looking to see the flowers... lol

    ReplyDelete