Saturday, November 2, 2013

My First Real College Football Saturday of the Year!

One of my favorite things about fall is college football. Growing up I didn't care, at all. Heck I don't even think I realized that college football was anything significant. That all changed when I went to the University of Miami. Going to a big football school wasn't something I even thought about when picking a school, but I can't imagine what it would have been like to have gone to a school where athletics weren't so central and exciting!

Miss these two...Throwing up the U at our last game Senior year <3
So far this year, I haven't been able to watch much college football because my Saturdays have been busy with various activities. Don't fret, I made sure to at least watch the Hurricanes every week. 

But this morning, I woke up nice and early and immediately turned on college Gameday on ESPN. They were live from Tallahassee (aka Talla-nasty in the eyes of a cane) for the Canes vs. Noles game this evening. This is by far the biggest game of the year for both teams and although we are big underdogs, it's still to be an emotional and exciting game!



I planned to do a nice long run this morning, at least as long as my hip would let me. But I got out there and my heart and body wasn't in it, so I came back instead of pushing my leg through what would have been a waste of a run. I also realized I haven't had a rest day in 2 weeks...oops! At the time of composition, I still have not run today, but I'm starting to feel more motivated, so we shall see. *Editor's note - I ended up running, but only 7 miles. By the time I went it was 70+ degrees (much warmer than I'm used to) and the pancakes weren't sitting well.*

Not running meant making a yummy breakfast to satisfy my rumbling tummy. I turned to google and found a recipe for Whole Wheat Vanilla Protein Pancakes that looked worthy of trying. I ended up modifying the recipe slightly as I was cooking them, adding cinnamon and adding baking powder (as I realized the original recipe didn't call for any!) Overall they came out really well considering they are healthy and not sugar and fat laden. I will post the recipe later today! 



The rest of the day will be dedicated to watching college football. As I write this, BC just upset Virginia Tech. I can tell this is going to be an exciting day in college football! I might take myself out for a long run in a little bit (or only 7 miles...blah!), or I'll just be lazy and watch football until the Canes game this evening! I also want to make something yummy for dinner as I watch the game. If I come up with something blog worthy, you can be sure I'll share it tomorrow. 

Happy Saturday! I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

Any other college football fans out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment